Thursday, February 12, 2015

BBC News: Keystone XL: house backs oil pipeline, defying obama
Jack Farmer

In this article the house defys Obama's request to not allow the keystone pipeline. The president is said to veto the bill and the House and Senate don't have enough votes to overide his veto. Republicans support it because it will provide jobs and most likely boost the economy. Democrats don't support it because they think it will increase emissions and hurt the environment.

This relates to AP Govornment because it shows checks and balances (because he president will probably veto it and excercise his checks and balances power). This also relates to AP Govornment because it shows the difference in views between political parties.

I feel that the pipeline is necessary but I understand the democrats point of view.  The pipeline will increase emissions but I feel thatit is necessary to increase jobs and it will most likely boost the economy.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you Jack, we should have the pipeline. It would help provide jobs for Americans, although it unfortunately would increase emissions. But you have to take the good and the bad, and I think that it would be worth it to help our economy.

    ReplyDelete