Thursday, March 12, 2015

Blog #7

Utah considers resuming firing squad executions
Jack Farmer

The legislation in Utah have proposed firing squads instead of lethal injection. These states are unable to obtain lethal injection drugs. Many other states are considering this because the lethal injection medicine takes a very long time to have an effect. Some legislators think that firing squads are more humane than strewn out deaths with lethal injection.

I think that this could help. I don't think it is necessarily more humane but it is definitely cheaper. I would rather be shot than slowly be killed by a drug. Firing squads are cheaper and injections are very expensive. Recently European countries have stopped selling these drugs so they are harder to obtain and the states inventories are greatly decreasing.

This relates to AP gov because it show separation of powers. It shows states rights and that states make their own legislation. In this article Utah and possible other states are deciding through their own process whether or not to allow firing squads.

No comments:

Post a Comment