Thursday, March 5, 2015
Blog #6
Hillary Clinton urges email release, amid growing controversy
Hillary Clinton recently responded to controversy over some of her emails that she sent while she was the secretary of state. She tweeted recently that she wants the public to have access to all of her sent emails. The amount of emails she sent totaled 55,000 pages of emails. The controversy came because of investigations on the attack of the the US embassy in Benghazi in 2012. The federal government has been trying to decide if the use of her personal email is a breach of federal law.
I think that her use of her own email should not be allowed. If she wants them to be released the government should release them. She shouldn't have used her own email because the federal governments email is better protected. I am not sure if her use of the email had anything to do with the attack in Benghazi. If it is found that it was related to Benghazi the federal government should increase its regulation over email.
This relates to AP gov because of privacy issues in the federal government. I do agree with the government about it being illegal to use a personal email but I don't think they should release her emails. If they want to go through an investigation that is fine but releasing the emails to the public wouldn't help anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you Jack. A government official should be using a very secure government email, not their own personal one as it can be easy to compromise.
ReplyDelete